[gdal-dev] Handling nodata values

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 10:49:15 EDT 2010

Hi!

I am trying to create contour lines (and later hillshading) from CGIAR data.
They use –32768 as a nodata value for sea areas which results in tremendous
cliffs if the data is processed by gdal_contour as it is.

I am looking for a way to replace this nodata value in the geotiffs by a
simple 0 value for sea level. It would be great to save the result as a
geotiff that can be used as input for contours, hillshading and maybe other
calculations. Unfortunately I could not figure out which tool to use for
this and how to do it.

Can you help?

thanks
            Nop