[gdal-dev] How to retrieve map data from Envi file?

LKeene lkeene at caltech.edu
Fri Jun 25 19:35:15 EDT 2010

Hi folks, I'm a new GDAL developer with what I believe is a simple question:

We're trying to use GDAL in our app to access Envi files. I'm able to get
access to the file bands as well as some other information by using the
GDALDataset and GDALRasterBand objects, but how can I access other
properties of the data file such as the datum type, the XY resolutions and
reference pixel coordinates, the units type, etc...i.e. the other
information contained in the Envi header? Is there an object that
encapsulates this information? Thanks in advance.

-L