[gdal-dev] csharp dll hell

Neema Rezaee NRezaee at totimm.com
Tue Jun 29 00:15:21 EDT 2010

We have a legacy app that is using the csharp binaries. I tried to build the csharp bins using the visual studio 2008 command prompt. Everything works fine on the box that the bins were built on or any box that has visual studio (2009) installed but once it goes on a non-dev box, I start getting error on OSgeo.ogr.ogr.registerall(), can't find entry point.

I made sure the redistro package for VS is installed and dependency walker doesn't give me much except that it says MSVCR90.dll cannot be found but if I scroll down the list I see MSVCR90.dll show next msvcp90.dll.

I am building gdal 1.7.2 and using swigwin 1.3.31