[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr OS CartographicText conversion problem

Jez Walters jez.walters at ipl.com
Tue Jun 29 09:10:29 EDT 2010

Not quite sure if I've got the right forum here, but I'm having trouble
converting Ordnance Survey GML into ESRI shapefiles using ogr2ogr (GDAL 1.7.2).

The orientation field is getting ignored when I convert the CartographicText
layer, although this field gets successfully translated for the
CartographicSymbol layer.  I can read all the other CartographicText fields
just fine.

I'm fairly new to GIS systems, so I might be making an obvious mistake, but any
advice gratefully received!  :-)