[gdal-dev] first time gdal-java exception

ahmet temiz ahmettemiz88 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:14:31 EDT 2010

hello

when I  tried gdal-java in first time, I got this exception:

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.gdal.ogr.ogrJNI.wkb25Bit_get()I"

here is the code fragment that gives the exception:

Geometry lr1 = new Geometry(ogr.wkbLinearRing, null, null, null);

		lr1.AddPoint_2D(0, 0);
		lr1.AddPoint_2D(10, 10);
		lr1.AddPoint_2D(10, 0);
		lr1.AddPoint_2D(0, 0);

		Geometry pol1 = new Geometry(ogr.wkbPolygon, null, null, null);
		pol1.AddGeometry(lr1);

might this exception have to do with my having generated gdal-java
from "rpm" for ubuntu?

do you recommend me another way  to get gdal-java for ubuntu ?

regards