[gdal-dev] Code submission for NITF driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Mar 2 16:23:21 EST 2010

Kevin,

I'll try reviewing and commiting your changes. From a first look, they are
quite substantial/non trivial. Am I wrong if I say they belong more to the
enhancement category than to the bugfix one ? (I assume writing TEXT and CGM
segments, and the interaction with writing multiple images, is not a common
use case of the NITF driver)

I'll need your testing to check that the changes that will be commited still
work with third-party software and validation tools (not using GDAL I mean).
I anticipate a few refactoring changes, for example as there seems to be
several instances of code that reads NUMI, NUMS and NUMT records.  I think
I'll avoid the use of the CGM_%d_SIZE hidden option to be passed to
NITFCreate(), but let NITFWriteCGMSegments() patch the necessary bytes in the
header instead.

Best regards,

Even