[gdal-dev] Copy / manipulate TIFF-header

Sigbjorn Herstad sherstad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:07:48 EST 2010

Hi,

This is my first post here, but have followed the list for several
years. I am trying to find a good way to edit a GeoTIFF-header. I have
looked at the Python-script and listgeo and geotifcp mentioned here:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2008-April/016752.html

Using the Python-script updates the header of a given GeoTIFF- however
not with all parameters I need. Using the listgeo and geotifcp a new
file is written so update is not possible (like in the Python-script)
- ie reprocessing all files are necessary. I am thinking about
creating a Python-script which will update / delete / add certain
attributes from a GeoTIFF-file, but I am not sure if this is possible?
I do NOT want to create a new file with the changed GeoTIFF-header,
but update the already existing one.

Here are some of the TAGS I wish to DELETE or CHANGE:
GTModelTypeGeoKey (Short,1):
GTRasterTypeGeoKey (Short,1):
GTCitationGeoKey (Ascii,8):
GeogCitationGeoKey (Ascii,7):