[gdal-dev] Copy / manipulate TIFF-header

Sigbjorn Herstad sherstad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 04:51:45 EST 2010

Using the Python-script I was able to update the SetGeoTransform and
SetProjection with success. I have also done the same with a VB-script
with the same result. I do not see anything wrong in the header and
the file itself opens without errors.
Thanks for the warning regarding bugs in the libtiff and libgeotiff.

1. I am curious - how can I figure out if a file is broken after
updating the Transform, Projection and other parameters? Is simply
checking that the header have OK values sufficient? Or is there a more
"programmatic" way to figure out?

The option to update-in-place on files is nice when you have 200-500
GB of uncompressed TIF-files, as reprocessing them takes a while.

2. As I understand it the Updating-in-place is the problem. If I want
to create a new file with certain specified tags there should be "no"
problem writing this and risking corrupt files?