[gdal-dev] Re: How to divide a raster layer into a set of tiles?

Christian Müller christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Tue Mar 23 05:58:43 EDT 2010

That is a surprise.

In all my tests I had no memory problems with gdal_retile. Sometimes I had
some memory problems with gdal_merge. The biggest input file for gdal_retile
was a 80 GB Erdas image (not compressed) and it works fine.

I have never testet with an ECW File and my tests run on a Linux Box or AIX
Box.

Perhaps the problem is in the ECW gdal driver. You can try to transform your
ecw file in another format using gdal_transform.