[gdal-dev] Re: Obtain more information with Ogrinfo

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon May 10 08:15:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

But -al (without -so, "summary only") is listing all the features of all the layers.  It just happens to be that shapefile always has only one layer.  Have a try with Mapinfo tab file or some database with lots of tables and you will notice that -al option does go through all the layers.

-Jukka-

Jan Hartmann  wrote:

		The manual page says:

		-al:
		List all features of all layers (used instead of having to give layer names as arguments).

	This is not a really clear answer for Antonio's question: when I read this the first time, I thought this flag was meant to display information about more layers, not to get more information about one layer. Especially difficult when English is not your first language and you are not Finnish :-)

	Jan