[gdal-dev] BuildOverviews fails gor Jpeg-compressed TIFF

Helge Morkemo hmorkemo at gmail.com
Fri May 21 07:59:10 EDT 2010

Hi all!

I have a problem when producing overviews in a jpeg compressed tiff.with
Gdal 1.7.2, Windows 7

After my basic image is produced, with the GeoTIFF driver, I call
BuildOverviews("GAUSS",overviewlist,nothing,nothing)
overviewlist is 2,4,8,16,32,64,128
(It's a VB.NET 2010 app.)
I get this message: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 1, Y block offset 0
It's the same in my program as in GdalOverviews.
The basic image is made line by line with RGB bands.

The image is 7588 by 5492 pixels.
I use PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR,PROFILE=GEOTIFF,COMPRESS=JPEG,TILED=YES
If I add BIGTIFF=YES when creating it, the overviews generation seem to
work, but the colors are all messed up in the overviews

Hints, anyone?