[gdal-dev] Gdalwarp of GLOBCOVER to UTMSpecific Zone

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:10:59 EDT 2010

Hi there

I'm a bit of a newbie in GDAL but I tried to warp a GLOBCOVER image with
this information:
Coordinate System is:
GEOGCS["WGS 84",
    DATUM["WGS_1984",
        SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
    UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]]

Into an UTM  zone (EPSG:21036)

I runned this command:
gdalwarp -t_srs "EPSG:21036"  INPUT.tif OUTPUT.tif
And I get this Warning/ERROR:
ERROR 1: TIFFFetchDirectory:MZ.tif: Can not read TIFF directory count
ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 8
ERROR 1: TIFFWriteEncodedStrip:Must set "ImageWidth" before writing data
Segmentation fault

And I obtained an OUTPUT.tif with a different size.
- What might not be ok in this?
- What can I do to obtain an image with the same size?

Thanks

best regards
Luisa