[gdal-dev] gdal_extents utility?
even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Nov 7 16:13:18 EST 2010
Speaking for myself : Your utility is certainly usefull for your purposes, but
I'm not sure if there is enough "added value" and/or general purposeness to
include it as a new utility. Is the output of the utility aimed at some other
utilities of a larger processing chain ?
Some things I noticed :
1) The licence : code that goes into GDAL source tree must be licenced under
the X/MIT licence
2) The hard-coded Greek SRS. You should use the one from the GDAL dataset /
OGR layer instead of the hard coded value.
3) The extent reported on a GDAL dataset won't match the ones reported by
gdalinfo. For some reason you add a half-pixel shift
4) What is that DTM file ? Looks like it could be handled by the CSV driver
with the help of OGR VRT wrapper file.
5) If the OGR datasource has more than one layer, several lines will be
written. Is it wanted ?
More information about the gdal-dev