[gdal-dev] GDAL (via Java bindings) and ECW

Ronan Crowley ronan.crowley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:03:30 EST 2010

Thanks for the replied Guys.

My use of GDAL is very generic, allowing any end user visuaise any image
format that GDAL supports via a web browser using a Java backing with JNI
bindings to GDAL binaries. (This particular 6MB ECW file is one of hundreds
that I've tested)

The code as-is works for all image formats and for sub-portions of the ECW
file.

I guess my question should be more directed to the Java bindings directly
and if there is anythings that I can do there... As its at this stage
(allocating the Java memory in byte[] that my applicaiton is running out of
memory)

Thanks,
Ronan