[gdal-dev] Re: gdal_rasterize -tr and -te

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Fri Oct 1 09:20:14 EDT 2010

On 01/10/2010 07:03, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> Hermann Peifer<peifer<at>  gmx.eu>  writes:
>

>> At work, we are taking this "standard grid" issue pretty serious, but
>> indeed, we might be the only ones worldwide with such a business rule.
>
> You are not alone, we are reprojecting our rasters to standard grid because it
> helps in making seamless mosaics from the reprojected images. We are widening
> the target extents a little bit to all directions with a python script to suit
> the grid.

So we are already 2 ;-)

Actually, I tentatively thought there would be more. This was why I
wrote to the mailing list in the first place. I am aware that this
(non-)issue can be solved in a shell one-liner or perhaps X lines of
some other script code. I just thought that if there is a general
interest, it could perhaps be built into the library.

Hermann