[gdal-dev] overlaying a map on another

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 8 10:16:42 EDT 2010

ahmet temiz wrote:
> hello
>
> how can I overlay one map on another ?

Ahmet,

If you want a meaningful response you really need to make a more serious
effort in asking the question.  Are you wanting to overlap raster on raster?
Vector on vector?  In a particular application?  If raster, do you want
to treat some pixels as transparent when overlaying?  Are you wanting to do
this strictly as batch processing with gdal/ogr tools, or are you really
interested in an application environment like mapserver or qgis?

I could write a ten page answer to your email and still never come near to
the use case you actually had in mind when you asked.