[gdal-dev] minizip "zip" support, and the kmlsuperoverlay driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 8 13:16:37 EDT 2010

Folks,

In recent days I have brought the "create a zip file" side of minizip
into gdal/port.  We already used minizip code for unzipping them - for
instance in the /vsizip/ virtual file system handler.

I have not yet incorporated support for creating zip files via the
/vsizip/ virtual file system handler, and I'm not sure if I will.  In the
meantime I have created a simplified CPL API to the zip code, published
in cpl_conv.h.  I did this for use in MapServer to zip up multi-file
WFS GetFeature responses.

Now that this is here, I have also taken the liberty of updating the
kmlsuperoverlay driver to use it and made the kmlsuperoverlay driver a
"built by default" driver since it no longer has external dependencies.