[gdal-dev] Is it possible to convert shapefile from PointZ to Point?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 12 22:43:13 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Is it possible to convert shapefile from type PointZ to Point using
ogr2ogr? and how?

I can't use shp2pgsql to load the file because it is attempting to free
an invalid pointer for some reason (which I will report to that list).
The file has already be reprojected using ogr2ogr and works in OpenEV.
My thinking it to convert it to 2D and try loading that and see if that
helps from a diagnostic point of view.

I have not tried loading the it via ogr2ogr which I will try, but would
still like the file as Point and not PointZ.

Thanks,
   -Steve