[gdal-dev] building with PDF driver on Windows + ?

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Sun Oct 17 14:11:32 EDT 2010

Brent,

 From memory, as I don't find the CMake cash with exact details. I first
built freetype, which I think is mandatory, and than because I already
had them built but don't know if they are a must-be, I added also zlib,
jpeg to the CMake list.
My first error was to not select 'splash' because I didn't know what it
was but it's part of poppler and needs to be selected. I did not include
any Qt stuff and probably some other.
Once it is built (I used only VC2010) there is the mess of the includes.
You will need to include the root directory where the whole poppler tree
lives, plus that ../poppler  plus still one other dir that holds only
one .h file. I moved that .h to one of the other places and now use this
(my names) in nmake.opt

POPPLER_CFLAGS = -IC:/programs/compa_libs -IC:/programs/compa_libs/poppler

Good luck

Joaquim