[gdal-dev] Reading MXD files

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Sep 3 20:36:06 EDT 2010

Ben,

There are some interfaces on the ArcObject package that let you not exactly *ready* the MXD but you
can get some useful information from the document. I believe that you can access the ArcObject COM
API in ArcGIS 10 or 9 by using the win32com.client.Dispatch() the same way as you can load the
"esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1". You can use the tools on PythonWin to browse to all the available
ArcGIS components.

 >>> import win32com.client
 >>> arcobj = win32com.client.Dipath("< What should goes here ? >")

It is only a wild guess, I am not even running Windows now to do a quick test, but I hope it would
help you.

Ivan