[gdal-dev] Unable to find driver `PostgreSQL'

Greg Corradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:38:14 EDT 2010

So i've run variations on this ogr2ogr command a lot over the past few weeks
never with any problems. But recently I get the following  error:

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"host='localhost' user='postgres'
password='postgres' dbname='gisdb'" states.shp -nln "states"
Unable to find driver `PostgreSQL'.
The following drivers are available:
<List of Drivers>

I can't figure out what's going on. The only thing that has changed since I
last ran these commands is that I destroyed my original database.I'm running
Ubuntu 9.0.

Any ideas for how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Greg