[gdal-dev] Creating shape file from csv with double quotes in attribute

Upendra Dadi Upendra.Dadi at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 10 12:16:14 EDT 2010

Hi,
  I have a query on creating shapefile from csv. I am not sure if this
is the correct forum for it. Thought I should try it anyway.
  I have a csv file consisting of lat/lon and an attribute with double
quotes like this:
      "<a
href="http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/gtspp/atlantic/2010/07/9670278.nc.html"
target="_blank">Data URL</a>"

When I create the shape file from this file using a vrt file, the shape
file has this value for the attribute:
    <a
href=http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/gtspp/atlantic/2010/07/9670278.nc

As you can see, the double quotes are gone and the attribute is
truncated. How do I overcome this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Upendra