[gdal-dev] NITF driver reads GEOLOB, but does not write it.

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Sep 23 13:24:27 EDT 2010

It is true that the driver doesn't write automatically the GEOLOB TRE, but you
can manually do it by using the TRE creation option of the NITF driver. See
http://gdal.org/frmt_nitf.html and http://gdal.org/frmt_nitf_advanced.html.
This will require you to format it "at hand" properly from the georeferencing
info. But you should also likely write the GEOPSB TRE, so that the resulting
NITF file is valid in a non GDAL based NITF reader. I've found some more info
here about those TREs :
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/ntb/baseline/docs/stdi0006/NCDRD_20Dec06.pdf and
http://www.ittvis.com/portals/0/pdfs/envi/NITF_Module.pdf.