[gdal-dev] Re: NITF driver reads GEOLOB, but does not write it.

turtlewax frankhevans at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 17:41:22 EDT 2010

Thanks, you were right on both counts.
1. Code change in nitfimage.c fixed the ERDAS/Global Mapper error.
2. To get the improved accuracy I did have to specify the GEOPSB TRE as
well.

To make this work in mapserver I'll need to do something like the following,
but that means the OUTPUTFORMAT will be specific to each raster/layer, so a
mapfile can only contain a single layer.

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME NITF
    DRIVER "GDAL/NITF"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    MIMETYPE "image/nitf"
    EXTENSION "ntf"
    #The following option needs to be specific to each layer
    FORMATOPTION
"TRE=GEOLOB=073932800080076800-136.9774560321+045.1446198929"
  END