[gdal-dev] GDAL Error 4 - Again

GOO Creations goocreations at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 06:01:07 EDT 2010

   Hi everyone

I've looked through the mailing-list archive and I know this issue was
addressed several 100 times, but I still can't find the problem:

This is my code I use to open an image:
const char* f = "/home/goocreations/Documents/blue.pix";
GDALDataset *d = (GDALDataset*) GDALOpen(f,GA_Update);

I'm getting the following error:
ERROR 4: `/home/goocreations/Documents/blue.pix' not recognised as a
supported file format.

The interesting part is that I have a python GUI (with SIP bindings)
that calls exactly the same C++ code as above and passed a file path via
the QFileDialog.
This plugin can open the exact same image
(/home/goocreations/Documents/blue.pix) correctly through GDAL, although
some other images sometimes open and sometimes don't (this is weird).

I've read through the archive, and yes the following applies:
- The image actually exists.
- I have full access/permission to the image
- The image is 30mb
- The image is not corrupt, since I can open it through the GUI and
through QGis.

I've really no idea what's wrong, any idea??

Thanks
Chris