[gdal-dev] ogr problems with MapInfo

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 29 10:41:39 EDT 2010

Sebastian E. Ovide wrote:
> ok guys, something weird is happening...
>
> I have the data in a windows share folder on another machine. So I have
> mounted that folder on a VBox Ubuntu. ogrinfo would not work on those files.
>
> I copied those files to another directory:
>
> us is the smb folder
> tmp is a local folder
>
> cp us/* tmp/
>
> on tmp ogrinfo works like a charm !!!
>
> any ideas ?

That's very odd.

Perhaps try setting the environment variable CPL_DEBUG=ON and try again.
This may give us a clue about what is going wrong.

You could also try reading your dataset using the MITAB library's
TAB2TAB program directly and see if you get more useful info.
(http://mitab.maptools.org/)

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette