[gdal-dev] GDALOpen GDALClose memory leak when threading

Benoît Andrieu bea at ixsea.com
Thu Sep 30 12:37:53 EDT 2010

  Hi list !

I am having some strange memory leak problems and I need help ! ^^

Our software is having memory leaks, I looked into this and I found it
is related with the loading unloading of GDALDatasets.
By the way, the software is in C# and Managed C++. The code that calls
GDAL is in Managed C++.

So, basically, the software is creating one thread for each picture that
has to be processed.
It seems that as long as all the GDALOpen and GDALClose are made in one
and only thread then there is no memory leak.
But if the GDAL calls are made in different threads (Managed threads),
then there are memory leaks.

I looked at the documentation but could not find anything really related
to this. Am I missing something ?

Thanks for any tips !

Benoît