[gdal-dev] Re: FileGDB OGR driver test

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Apr 12 14:28:39 EDT 2011

Le mardi 12 avril 2011 19:08:24, Hermann Peifer a écrit :
> On 04/04/2011 05:05, Ragi Burhum wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I am trying to test a new version of the FileGDB driver for OGR, but I
> > lack enough FileGDBs to test :)
>
> Is the lack of FileGDBs still an issue? At work, we have several
> hundreds of them and I could check if I can make some available.

ArcGIS 10 FileGDB's right ?

Yes "real" data would be usefull. But it would also be usefull if you (or
anyone else) could provide small and freely redistribuable
samples (potentially "fake" data) with different types of
geometries (1 feature for each geometry type is enough in theory), column
types (integer, single, double, string, date), etc.. so that it can be
included in the GDAL/OGR autotest suite.

> > If you have an *ArcGIS 10* FileGDB and would like to test the FileGDB
> > driver (and report back), feel free to grab a gdal-trunk binary I made
> > for Windows.
>
> A related question: will there ever be a FileGDB driver for a
> non-Windows OS? Is this feasible at all?

Current GDAL trunk builds against FileGDB API beta3 under Linux 32bit. Too bad
ESRI doesn't provide any 64bit build of the FileGDB API (yet... ?)