[gdal-dev] gdaladdo creates very large files in 1.8 but not trunk

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Apr 14 18:35:34 EDT 2011

> I'm not aware of any recent change in the GTiff driver that could have
> "solved"
> the issue you've seen. This is a bit surprising.
>
> Could you also try with the -stable builds (based on 1.8 branch) from
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/ to compare ?

I am trying it with, http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1500-gdal-1-8-mapserver-5-6.zip

Although not finished, based on progress so far, it looks to be working properly and on track to create a 3G ovr.  That is consistent with trunk.  I'll provide more information when it finishes.

Eli