[gdal-dev] LAS format driver for OGR?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 06:56:39 EDT 2011

Mateusz,

Thanks for your replies (also to Even). Your answered:
> Some time ago I have written a tool to dump LAS data to virtually
> any OGR dataset:
>
> http://liblas.org/utilities/las2ogr.html

I'll have a look at http://liblas.org/utilities/las2ogr.html

My goal is to import it in PostGIS and a Java program.

>> Scanning this mailing list I could not find an answer except to use
>> LAStools. But since LAS is essentially just a simple vector point data
>
> Considering point clouds in terms of (only) a simple vector point data is
> a misunderstanding.

You're right. I should have written:
LAS is essentially vector point data plus a (more or less?) fixed
number of properties like color.

Yours, S.