[gdal-dev] Trouble with python+gdal+sqlite+utf-8

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sun Apr 17 19:17:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm working with a script to do some data translation, and it seems it's
failing when trying to set the value of a string attribute field to a UTF-8
string.

I'm attaching a small script that reproduces the error (notice the "í" in
"Calle Garbí"). If someone can point me to the right way to put a UTF-8 string
into a SQLite string field, I'll pay him/her a beer during FOSS4G :-)

Best,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>

Intento ahogar mis penas... pero las jodidas flotan!