[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and spatialite

iomeneandrei aborruso at tin.it
Tue Apr 19 07:41:09 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I'm using ogr2ogr (GDAL 1.8.0) to import a shapefile in a spatialite db.

If I use spatialite gui to make it (without check "with spatial index"
option), I have only a new one table in my sqlite db.

If I use ogr2ogr "ogr2ogr -append -s_srs EPSG:3004 -t_srs EPSG:3004 -f
SQLite -dsco SPATIALITE=NO db.sqlite input.shp", I have as output also the
spatial index tables. Is it normal?
Is it possible to use ogr2ogr without have in the db the spatial index
tables?

Best regards,

Andrea

-----