[gdal-dev] Re: cropping a tif with lat/lon

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Thu Apr 21 12:45:06 EDT 2011

I keep a lot of my memory on a wiki because I am so forgetful.
This page might help you.

http://wildsong.biz/index.php?title=Mapping_Vietnam

A couple months ago I was working with decollaring GeoPDF files from scanned
maps of Vietnam. They are set up the same way as you describe, with one set
of corner points indicates the edge of the paper map with collar attached
and a second set is a polygon around the actual map area.

I think the write up is good enough not to copy it here. Please look at it
and let me know.

Brian