[gdal-dev] Polygonize from C# ?

Jay Jennings Jennings.Jay at geoeye.com
Fri Apr 22 13:45:51 EDT 2011

I see, thanks.  But since I have satellite images, this part of the doc is alarming: "...For non-thematic raster data (such as satellite images)
the result will essentially be one small polygon per pixel, and memory and output layer sizes will be substantial. The algorithm is primarily
intended for relatively simple thematic imagery, masks, and classification results".

I just want one polygon enclosing the non-zero pixels (or alternatively, enclosing the zero pixels, then I could do a geometric
difference).  Is there any way to trick the method into doing that, to maybe avoid the heavy resource needs ?