[gdal-dev] gdalwarp vertical datum shift question

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 28 06:34:22 EDT 2011

On 11-04-27 02:42 PM, Mark Warren wrote:
> So before we go down this route too far (since a lot of changes may be
> needed to the code) - does anyone think that this is a feasible idea or
> have any other suggestions (other than using a GIS :) )?

Mark,

Honestly, I think it would be better to implement a distinct utility
that applies vertical datum offsets rather than to incorporate it into
gdalwarp.  I suspect it will significantly complicate the gdalwarp code
to have vertical offsets mixed in to all the interpolation code - assuming
you are ultimately hoping for something suitable to incorporate back into the
core.