[gdal-dev] gdal GeoTiff parsing gml

Jay L. jzl5325 at psu.edu
Mon Aug 15 22:54:39 EDT 2011

How about turning the GTiff into a point and adding z either into the
geometry or into the attribute table?  That functionality would be
accessible through any of the APIs.

Another idea would be to use polygonize to create polygons of your raster.
 Here is a script<http://www.personal.psu.edu/jzl5325/python/ogrGdal/OGR_Converter.zip>I
wrote to convert from vector to a few different text representations.
It
is zipped to avoid simply displaying in your browser.  Written with 1.6,
python API.