[gdal-dev] OGR/PROJ with +geoidgrids

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Wed Aug 17 19:50:58 EDT 2011

Aha!  Thanks Even, setting PROJ_DEBUG=ON showed the problem.

I had assumed when giving +geoidgrids=g2009conus.gtx, it would find the gtx in the current directory.  But, now i see it looks in only one place, in the PROJ_LIB location.  That's OK.  I copied my .gtx files there, and now it works.

Yes, i'm using the SVN version of PROJ4.

BTW, it would be really good to have a new release of PROJ4. The last was in 2009.  And it is confusing, because the executables built from SVN report "4.7.1" when run, and Frank's page on http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/VerticalDatums says "from version 4.8.0 on there is support.." when we haven't reached that version yet.

-Ben