[gdal-dev] NITF reading with GDAL on Android

dealaskan scalliwag69 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:55:55 EDT 2011

I've been able to build and install GDAL onto my Android.  Took a little bit
of trying, but it appears to be working on some, but not all files.  When I
try to open some of my NITF files, I get an error stating "Invalid values
for block dimension/number" - this occurs when I call GDALOpen.  The image
is opened because I can read the image dimensions, but that's about it.  I
ran gdalinfo on the same image from my PC and everything looks fine
including the geo data, so I'm guessing the image is fine and its the
android library that's has the error.
Is there anyone out there working on the GDAL port that might have any idea
as to why my GDAL isn't working?

Development box is XP, and the Android is Nexus One.
Thanks.