[gdal-dev] Geocentric Coordinate System Support

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Tue Aug 23 18:38:22 EDT 2011

Even,

Thanks for pointing me to the API documentation (which i had seen) and the
python unit tests (which i had not - very interesting!)  Unfortunately,
neither shows the SetVertCS method actually being called.

Thanksfully, this is the open source world :), so i am able to step through
OGR's internal methods (like SetEPSGVertCS) with a debugger to guess how
they actually work / should be called.  I have now done a fair bit of study
of the source, and GDAL's .csv data files, and have some idea of the state
of things.  I'll describe my findings in a new thread.

-Ben

what
> > are valid arguments to SetVertCS which can produce a valid result when
> > transforming from geocentric?
>
> Several links that may help you :

http://gdal.org/ogr/classOGRSpatialReference.html#1c8d3eaf2751d9912797c75f47
7549fe