[gdal-dev] Using GDAL to tile an image *with* overlapping?

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 24 21:09:28 EDT 2011

Re: the shapefile: I'm just referring to this flag:

-tileIndex tileIndexName:
The name of shape file containing the result tile(s) index

I don't know python, so I'll probably go ahead and code this
functionality up in R via rgdal/raster, but perhaps this can be listed
as a feature request?  The reason I want to tile the data is to
perform some spatial processing -- I need an overlap between tiles to
deal with the fact that I'm using local windows to process the image
subsets.

--j