[gdal-dev] converting lines to linestrings

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sat Aug 27 05:10:19 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the correct list to address this on, but ....

I have lots of files, each with a bunch of lines that start & stop on
each others ends and I need to convert them into line strings, file by file.

Is there a command-line (batch) way I can do this?

They are currently in DGN (v8) format but I can convert them to SHP,
MID/MIF or whatever.

What I'm looking to do is to create a batch pipeline that, file by
file,  will take each line, and if either of its ends are within 0.5m of
another line-end, then join them together to form one line string, then
output that "snapped up" data to disk. (any format)

TIA,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za