[gdal-dev] Re: discussion on improvements to the NetCDF driver and CF-1 convention

Etienne Tourigny etiennesky at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 17:56:03 EDT 2011

I have created a new wiki page at http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/NetCDF_Improvements , following Even's suggestion (Thanks Even).

The following topics have been included:

Topics:

1 - UNIDATA NetCDF Conventions

2 - Metadata
3 - Datum issues
4 - Dimension issues
5 - Compatibility with other software
6 - Test files
7 - Contribution
Discussion

I encourage interested parties in participating in this discussion in the wiki and in the mailing list.

In particular, it would be useful to collect information on contributors and obtain test files with issues and the expected outcome.

regards, Etienne