[gdal-dev] GTiff optimisation

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Aug 31 11:18:35 EDT 2011

Le mercredi 31 août 2011 14:38:53, Even Rouault a écrit :
> It contains a possible workaround
> (altough you will find it quite ironic if you keep in memory what has been
> said previously in this thread about gdalwarp being slower than
> gdal_translate ;-)).
ouaaah, indeed it is really fast, the first file is not finished yet that the
second one is already done.

Ok that's fine but my file is 50 % lighter than the input file :) It could be ok
if the output file looks the same than the input file, but it does not. I
suspect a compress option different. The documentation doesn't give any
information about this. Can the user act on some creation option for ECW
format with gdal_translate?

Thanks,

Y.
--