[gdal-dev] Gdal_translate + Google + Wgs84

Roger Phillips heidegg at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 05:38:31 EST 2011

Hello folks,

I'm a beginner with Gdal and I have a question:

Say,
 I have a rectangular tile defined in WGS84 coordinates using longitude
and latitude. I want to receive this file from google for the respective
 rect. However, as far as I know, google uses mercator coordinates in
its maps so the image will be distorted. Currently, I'm experimenting
with this call:

gdal_translate frmt_wms_googlemaps_tms.xml out.tif -projwin -12712685  66
56748 -12679290 6621294 -outsize 1% 1%

What do I have to change on this call so it will give me an undistorted image in WGS84?

Thanks a lot!