[gdal-dev] how to get gis layer information from GeoPDF (e.g. retrieve building polygon coordinates)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Dec 2 17:37:26 EST 2011

Le vendredi 02 décembre 2011 23:19:10, Jared Rubin a écrit :
> Even,
> Would it be possible to do an ogr driver to get the vector features (I
> guess similar to shape files? Or maybe update the pdf driver to dump  each
> indivual vector feature into gdal metadata?

A OGR driver would perhaps be possible. I haven't studied the question
however. And I presume it would represent a significant effort as it would
involve parsing and interpretating the PDF vector stream. Currently, all the
hard work of rasterizing the PDF content is delegated to the poppler library.