[gdal-dev] gdalbuilvrt and multiband files

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 12:52:17 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to build a VRT file out of a number of multiband files using
gdalbuildvrt. Let's say I have N 7-band files, and I want build 7 N-band
files (i.e., I want to stack all the bands in the same dataset). I have
accomplished this thus far by having a prior step that creates a VRT for
each individual band, and I then stack them using gdalbuildvrt -separate.
However, i was wondering whether there's any more direct way of doing this?
I guess that one way would be to build the XML file directly, but I was
keen in finding some "shell-fu" way!

Thanks!
Jose