[gdal-dev] Proposed patch for HUGE GML files (1)

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Dec 13 04:51:38 EST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:15:07 +0100, Even Rouault wrote
> > ---
> > Please see the attached zipfile containing the latest
> > version of the proposed patch
>
> Integrated in svn with a few changes. See
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4380#comment:1 for the details.
> Please test that I haven't caused regressions.

Hi Even,

thanks a lot for committing my proposed patch
into the SVN.

I've found a single regression; please see the
attached gml-regression.diff file.

Comment:
========
pChild->pItem->gmlText does actually contain a very
complex GML fragment (complete Edge definition),
looking more or less like this:
---------------------------------------
<Edge gml:id="Edge_35_110631">
  <directedNode orientation="-">
    <Node gml:id="Node_1_12918040" />
  </directedNode>
  <directedNode>
    <Node gml:id="Node_1_12918079" />
  </directedNode>
  <curveProperty>
    <LineString srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:3003">
      <posList srsDimension="2">
        1656238.08 4694143.96 1656260.36 4694138.56
      </posList>
    </LineString>
  </curveProperty>
</Edge>

Using CPLCreateXMLNode(psNewNode, CXT_Text, ...)
is not at all appropriate in this case, because this
isn't GML TEXT, it's a complex GML fragment representing
a full tree of GML nodes (many different types).

Attempting to add a single GML TEXT node will simply
cause heavy GML corruption, because any "<" will
be masked as "&lt;" and so on ...

by Sandro