[gdal-dev] VRT file from NetCDF

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Dec 13 07:05:41 EST 2011

Le mardi 13 décembre 2011 13:01:24, Even Rouault a écrit :
> Selon Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to create vrt files from netcdf files using only one
> > subdataset. FYI, the second step will be to create a vrt file with two
> > bandes linked to two
> > subdataset.
> >
> > I am using a first vrt file for begining created from a tif file as
> > template. The
> > vrt file using tif file is working correctly. The tiff file has been
> > created by
> > gdal_translate from the netcdf file.
> >
> > If I try to open the vrt file linked to netcdf file in QGIS no data is
> > dispaly,
> > values are null for all the dataset. QGIS medatada says "no data value".
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Yves,
>
> did you try to create the VRT with "gdal_translate -of VRT netCDF:xxxxx
> netcdf.vrt" and see if it shows up correctly in QGIS (it should...). ? Then
> you can compare with the VRT you've created at hand.

Even,

Just a note: I did not really create the vrt file by hand as I used one made
with gdalbuildvrt. I only changed "sourceFilename".

I tried the -separate flag and converted the vrt file in tiff. All is working as
espected. However the vrt file is not readable correctly by QGIS. I just saw
that QGIS was an old release (1.4 !) so I am going to upgrade it.

More soon :)

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin