[gdal-dev] GeoPDF translation

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Dec 13 15:22:47 EST 2011

Le mardi 13 décembre 2011 21:18:51, Smith, Michael a écrit :
> Thanks to those of you who pointed out the obvious -co "GDAL_PDF_DPI"
> which I somehow overlooked in the online docs.  RTFM right...
>
> That said, I ran a test script using that CO and GDAL yields a warning
> message and then makes the export at 150dpi anyway.
>
> gdal_translate -co "GDAL_PDF_DPI=300" -co "TFW=YES" addison.pdf
> addison.tif
>
> This is returned:
> Warning 6: Driver GTiff does not support GDAL_PDF_DPI creation option
>
> and then GDAL goes ahead and translates the PDF to GTIFF using the
> default 150dpi.

Yes,  GDAL_PDF_DPI is not a creation option of the GTiff driver, but a
configuration option of the PDF driver.

Configuration options are specified with "--config optionname optionvalue" (note
: space between name and value, not '=' character)

So :

gdal_translate --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300 -co "TFW=YES" addison.pdf addison.tif