[gdal-dev] Proposed patch for HUGE GML files (1)

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Dec 13 15:44:00 EST 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:40:01 +0100, Even Rouault wrote
> Having sample data to add regression will be needed.

please see the attached GML-Topo sample

> What do you think about the xlink1.gml that I mention in the ticket
> ? Is it valid to have xlink:href to other documents ?

I've asked this question to Andrea Peri (my personal GML guru)

YES, this one is an option fully supported by GML:
xlink:href="#id_123"
xlink:href="other_file.gml#id_123"
xlink:href="http://www.acme.com/other_file.gml#id_123"

any of the above notations is legal; the referenced
object may live in the same file, in a different
file, or in some URL

Andrea told me that the current Tuscany Region
implementation relies on the simplest "all itemes
on the same file" layout.
but may well be that in ther near future they'll
consider useful adopting a more sophisticated
layout (e.g. all <Edge> items in one file,
and any related <Face> in a different file ...)

bye Sandro